Strefen Honey & Lemon
WHAT DOES STREFEN HONEY & LEMON CONTAIN?
Each lozenge contains the active ingredient Flurbiprofen 8.75 mg.
Each lozenge also contains Sucrose, Glucose Syrup, Honey, Macrogol 300, Lemon Flavour, Potassium Hydroxide, Levomenthol.
Each lozenge contains 2.5g carbohydrate.
There are 16 lozenges in a pack.
The licence holder and manufacturer is Crookes Healthcare Limited, Nottingham
HOW DOES STREFEN HONEY & LEMON WORK?
These lozenges help the symptoms of sore throats, such as throat soreness, pain and swelling. You should get some relief from pain and soreness within half an hour of sucking a lozenge. If you need any further information on your condition, please ask your pharmacist or doctor. Flurbiprofen belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which help to reduce inflammation (swelling), pain and fever (high temperature).
BEFORE TAKING STREFEN HONEY & LEMON
Do not take these lozenges:
• if you have, or have ever had, a stomach ulcer
• If you are allergic to flurbiprofen, aspirin, or other NSAIDs, or any ot the ingredients listed above
Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again. If you have any questions, please ask your pharmacist or doctor.
• if you have ever had wheezing, a runny nose or an itchy rash (hives) after taking aspirin, flurbiprofen or medicines containing NSAIDs
If you are under 12 years old.
Strefen Honey & Lemon may sometimes cause dizziness or changes in seeing. If you are affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking Strefen Honey & Lemon:
• if you are (or may be) pregnant or are breastfeeding
• if you have asthma or have ever had asthma in the past
• If you have kidney, heart or liver problems
• if you have high blood pressure or have problems with the time your blood takes to clot
if you have diabetes, or other problems with sugars (Each lozenge contains 2.5g carbohydrate.)
• if you have problems coping with the sugars glucose, fructose, sucrose, maltose and galactose. (Strefen Honey & Lemon is not suitable it you have inherited fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase isomaltase deficiency)
• if you are taking any medicines, especially:
– pain relievers, cold treatments or other products containing aspirin, ibuprofen, flurbiprofen or other NSAIDs
– water tablets (diuretics) containing furosemide
– medicines for high blood pressure (eg beta blockers)
– medicines for thinning the blood (anticoagulants), for example warfarin
– quinolone antibiotics, such as ciprofloxacin or nalidixic acid
HOW TO TAKE STREFEN HONEY & LEMON
Adults and children over 12 years: suck one lozenge slowly every 3 to 6 hours, as required.
• Do not take more than 5 Strefen Honey & Lemon lozenges in any 24 hour period. To work properly, the lozenge must dissolve slowly in your mouth. Do not chew, crunch or swallow the lozenges whole. Move the lozenge around your mouth whilst sucking it.
WHILST TAKING STREFEN HONEY & LEMON
• If you take too many lozenges by mistake or If a child under 12 takes the lozenges, talk to your pharmacist or doctor straight away. Take the packet and post with you.
• If your sore throat does not get better after 3 days, or if it gets much worse, or if you get new symptoms, talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
Some people who take these lozenges may get one or more of the known side effects of NSAIDs, however, they do not affect everyone:
• a slight mouth-tingling feeling, or unusual taste, whilst sucking the lozenges
• mouth ulcers or irritation (be sure to move the lozenge around your mouth while you suck It)
• stornach discomfoft brain, leefing or being sick, diarrhoea, or rarely, stomach , pain with black tarry stools (stomach ulcer or bleeding)
• skin rashes or itchy lumps on the skin, an , itchy runny nose, worsening of asthma or ‘ breathing difficulties
• fluid retention and swelling of feet, changes in seeing, dizziness, liver or kidney problems, yellowing skin (jaundice) , and, very rarely, easy skin bruising or bleeding.
If you have any of these and they trouble you, or you are concerned about the effects of this medicine, stop taking the lozenges and talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
HOW TO STORE STREFEN HONEY & LEMON
Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack and the foil blister. Store in the original package. Remember: Keep all medicines where children cannot see or reach them.
GETTING MORE INFORMATION ABOUT STREFEN HONEY & LEMON?
This post gives the most important information about Strefen Honey & Lemon. If you have any questions after you have read It, ask your pharmacist or doctor, who will give you further information.