Other Names for this Medication: Motilium, Motillium, Motinorm, Costi, Novo-Domperidone, Apo-Domperidone, Nu-Domperidone, PMS-Domperidone, Ratio-Domperidone (Brand Names)
White tablet containing 10mg Domperidone
Why this Medication is Used
Domperidone is used to speed up the time it takes for food to move through your stomach and intestines after eating. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting.
How do you take this Medication
Domperidone tablets are taken with a full glass of water, usually 15 to 30 minutes before meals, and at bedtime.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
• Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medications.
• Tell your doctor if you have problems with internal bleeding, or any other stomach or intestinal problems.
• If you are taking any antacids, H2-blockers or proton pump inhibitors, they should be taken at least 2 hours before or after the domperidone is taken.
• Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
For more information on this medication, please call your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
|SIDE EFFECTS||WHAT YOU SHOULD DO|
|• Dry mouth• Abdominal cramps, diarrhea||• Suck on ice chips or hard sugarless candy• Tell your doctor if it becomes a problem|
|• Headaches, migraines• Nervousness
• Inability to sleep
• Hot Flashes, Menstrual irregularities
• Painful swollen breasts
• Skin Rash, itchiness
• Urinary frequency, fast or irregular heartbeats
|• Tell your doctor if these bother you|