Are you looking for the most trusted website to order Loniten (Minoxidil)? Our blog recommends trying the service of our partners, an online pharmacy store, to purchase Loniten (Minoxidil). Overnight shipping will deliver the most available, high-quality pills directly to you.
Minoxidil is authorised in the world under the following brand names: Minixynom, Rogaine, Regaine, Mintop, Alopexy.
Loniten is a brand name for the medication minoxidil. Minoxidil is primarily known for its ability to lower high blood pressure and promote hair growth and is commonly used to treat male pattern baldness. Loniten tablets are oral medications that contain either 5mg or 10mg of minoxidil.
What Are Loniten (Minoxidil) 5mg, 10mg Tablets?
Originally, minoxidil was developed as a medication for high blood pressure (hypertension). However, during clinical trials, it was discovered that hair growth was one of the side effects of minoxidil. This led to its use as a treatment for hair loss, mainly male pattern baldness.
When used as a treatment for hair loss, minoxidil is typically applied topically in the form of a solution or foam directly to the scalp. However, in some cases, oral minoxidil may be prescribed. Oral minoxidil is usually reserved for severe or resistant hypertension cases that do not respond adequately to other antihypertensive medications.
Minoxidil can have side effects, including low blood pressure, fluid retention, and increased heart rate. Therefore, it should only be taken under the supervision of a healthcare professional who can monitor its effects and adjust the dosage as necessary. Additionally, the use of minoxidil for hair loss should be discussed with a healthcare professional to determine the most appropriate treatment approach based on individual circumstances.
NDC is 0009-0137-01.
Mechanism of Action
Minoxidil works by several different mechanisms:
- Vasodilation: Minoxidil is a potent vasodilator that relaxes and widens blood vessels. It opens up potassium channels in the smooth muscle cells of blood vessels, leading to the relaxation of the vascular walls. This dilation of blood vessels increases blood flow to the hair follicles, contributing to hair growth.
- Increased blood flow to the hair follicles: By promoting vasodilation, minoxidil improves blood circulation to the hair follicles. This increased blood flow delivers essential nutrients and oxygen to the follicles, supporting hair growth and promoting the hair cycle’s anagen (growth) phase.
- Prolongation of the anagen (growth) phase: Minoxidil may also influence the hair growth cycle by prolonging the anagen phase. The anagen phase is the active phase of hair growth when the hair follicle produces new hair. By extending this phase, minoxidil allows for longer periods of hair growth and thicker hair strands.
- Stimulation of hair follicle cells: Minoxidil has been shown to stimulate the proliferation of dermal papilla cells, which play a crucial role in hair follicle function and hair growth. It may also increase the production of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), a substance that promotes the growth of blood vessels and may contribute to hair follicle health.
It’s important to note that minoxidil’s precise mechanism of action may vary depending on the specific condition being treated.
- Minoxidil – 5mg or 10 mg;
- Excipients – q.s.
Loniten tablets are available in 10mg and 5 mg white, round, scored tablets.
What Are the Dosages of Loniten (Minoxidil) 5mg, 10mg Tablets?
Loniten (Minoxidil) tablets are available in two different strengths: 5mg and 10mg. The dosage prescribed by a healthcare professional will depend on the specific condition being treated.
For treating high blood pressure (hypertension), the typical starting dose of oral minoxidil is usually 5mg once daily. The dose may be gradually increased if necessary, based on the individual’s response and blood pressure control. The maximum recommended dose for hypertension is usually 40mg per day, divided into two or more doses.
When Loniten is used for severe or resistant hair loss cases, the dosage for hair loss treatment can vary. It should be determined by a healthcare professional based on individual circumstances.
The dosages mentioned here are general guidelines, and a healthcare professional should determine the specific dosage and treatment plan.
Important Safety Information
Here are some important safety information and precautions to consider when using Loniten tablets.
Loniten tablets are prescription medications and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Follow the prescribed dosage and instructions carefully.
Minoxidil can cause a significant drop in blood pressure, leading to dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and rapid heartbeat. Monitor blood pressure regularly during treatment. If you experience severe or persistent symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
Minoxidil can cause fluid retention, leading to swelling in the hands, feet, ankles, or abdomen. Report any significant weight gain or signs of fluid retention to your healthcare provider.
Minoxidil may cause changes in heart rate and rhythm. Inform your doctor if you have a history of cardiovascular conditions, such as angina, heart failure, or arrhythmias, as they may require special monitoring or dosage adjustments.
Minoxidil is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding unless specifically prescribed by a healthcare professional. Discuss the potential risks and benefits with your doctor.
Minoxidil may interact with other medications, including blood pressure-lowering drugs and drugs that affect heart rate. Inform your healthcare provider about all the medications, supplements, or herbal products you are taking.
The safety and effectiveness of Loniten tablets in children and elderly individuals may differ. Dosage adjustments or special precautions may be required in these populations.
Loniten (Minoxidil) tablets are prescription medications, which means you need a prescription from a healthcare professional to purchase and use them. The prescription requirement ensures that the medication is used appropriately and supervised by a healthcare provider who can monitor your condition and adjust the dosage if necessary.
Consult a healthcare professional, such as a doctor or a dermatologist, who can evaluate your specific situation and determine if Loniten (Minoxidil) tablets are appropriate for you. They will assess your medical history, conduct an examination, and consider any potential risks or contraindications before prescribing the medication.
While some forms of minoxidil may be available without a prescription for treating hair loss, it is recommended to consult a professional.
Contraindications to Loniten Tablets
Loniten (Minoxidil) tablets have several contraindications, and the medication should not be used under certain circumstances.
Loniten should not be used if you have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to minoxidil or other ingredients in the medication. Allergic reactions can range from mild skin irritation to severe reactions, including difficulty breathing and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Loniten is contraindicated in individuals with pheochromocytoma, which is a rare tumor of the adrenal gland. Minoxidil can stimulate the release of catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine), potentially causing a sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure.
Individuals with a history of ischemic heart disease, such as angina or recent myocardial infarction (heart attack), should not use Loniten tablets. Minoxidil can increase heart rate and cause fluid retention, worsening symptoms or leading to complications in these individuals.
Loniten is contraindicated in individuals with severe cardiovascular disorders, including uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure), congestive heart failure, or significant valvular disease. The medication can exacerbate these conditions and pose additional risks.
Loniten is generally not recommended during pregnancy unless specifically prescribed by a healthcare professional. Minoxidil may have potential risks to the developing fetus, and the benefits and risks should be carefully evaluated in consultation with a healthcare provider.
This is not an exhaustive list of contraindications. Other medical conditions, medications, and individual factors may also impact the suitability of Loniten tablets for use.
Loniten (Minoxidil) tablets can cause various side effects. Not everyone will experience these side effects, and their severity can vary from person to person. Some common side effects of Loniten tablets include:
Low blood pressure (hypotension): Minoxidil can cause a significant drop in blood pressure, leading to dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and rapid heartbeat. Monitoring blood pressure regularly is essential during treatment.
- Fluid retention: Loniten may cause fluid retention, resulting in swelling in the hands, feet, ankles, or abdomen. Report any significant weight gain or signs of fluid retention to your healthcare provider.
- Increased heart rate: Minoxidil can elevate heart rate, causing palpitations or a rapid pulse. This effect is usually temporary, but discussing any concerns with your healthcare provider is essential.
- Dermatological reactions: Topical minoxidil solutions may cause scalp irritation, itching, redness, or a temporary increase in hair shedding. These effects are typically mild and subside with continued use.
- Hypertrichosis: Minoxidil can cause excessive hair growth on the scalp and in other parts of the body. This side effect is usually temporary and reversible upon discontinuation of the medication.
- Allergic reactions: In rare cases, an allergic reaction to minoxidil can occur, presenting as rash, itching, hives, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty breathing. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any signs of an allergic reaction.
Report any side effects you experience to your healthcare provider. They can guide managing the side effects or adjust the dosage if necessary. Additionally, be sure to follow the prescribed dosage and guidelines to minimize the risk of side effects.
Interactions of Loniten With Other Medicines
Loniten (Minoxidil) can interact with other medications, affecting their efficacy or increasing the risk of side effects. It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider about all the medications, supplements, or herbal products you are taking to ensure Loniten’s safe and effective use. Here are some examples of potential drug interactions:
- Antihypertensive medications: Loniten is a potent antihypertensive agent, so combining it with other blood pressure-lowering medications can lead to an excessive drop in blood pressure. Close monitoring and dosage adjustments may be necessary when using Loniten with other antihypertensive drugs.
- Vasodilators: Combining Loniten with other vasodilators, such as nitrates or alpha-blockers, may have additive effects on blood pressure reduction and can increase the risk of hypotension.
- Beta-blockers: The concomitant use of beta-blockers with Loniten can lead to a counteracting effect. Beta-blockers reduce heart rate and contractility, which can counteract the increased heart rate caused by minoxidil.
- Guanethidine: Guanethidine is a medication used to lower blood pressure. Combining Loniten with guanethidine may increase the risk of severe hypotension.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): Some NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, can cause fluid retention and may counteract the fluid-reducing effects of Loniten.
- Other medications affecting heart rate or rhythm: Loniten may increase heart rate, so combining it with medications that also affect heart rate or rhythm, such as antiarrhythmics, should be done cautiously and under medical supervision.
These are not all the possible drug interactions, and other medications may interact with Loniten. Disclose your complete medication regimen to your healthcare provider and follow their guidance to minimize the risks associated with potential drug interactions.
Overdose of Loniten
An overdose of Loniten (Minoxidil) can have severe consequences and should be considered a medical emergency. If you suspect an overdose or have taken more than the prescribed dose, it is crucial to seek immediate medical attention or contact your local poison control center.
Symptoms of an overdose of Loniten may include:
- Severe hypotension (low blood pressure): Excessive blood pressure lowering can lead to dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, rapid heartbeat, and confusion.
- Fluid overload: Overdosing on Loniten may cause severe fluid retention, leading to swelling in the hands, feet, ankles, or abdomen.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat: Excessive doses of Loniten can cause significant changes in heart rate or rhythm, leading to palpitations or irregular heartbeat.
- Other potential symptoms: In severe cases, an overdose of Loniten can result in symptoms such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, seizures, or loss of consciousness.
If you or someone else has overdosed on Loniten, contacting emergency services or your healthcare provider is crucial. They will provide appropriate guidance and may administer treatments to stabilize blood pressure, manage symptoms, and prevent complications.
Loniten tablets should be stored at room temperature, typically between 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). Keep the tablets in their original container or packaging to protect them from moisture and light. Avoid exposing the medication to excessive humidity, direct sunlight, or high heat. Store the tablets in a secure location that is out of reach of children and pets to prevent accidental ingestion. It is not recommended to store medications in the bathroom, as the humidity and temperature changes can potentially affect their stability.
If your healthcare provider has provided specific instructions for storing Loniten tablets, such as refrigeration or other conditions, follow those instructions accordingly.
Benefits of Loniten
Loniten (Minoxidil) is primarily prescribed for its therapeutic benefits in treating certain medical conditions. Here are some of the potential benefits of Loniten:
- Treatment of Hypertension: Loniten is approved for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) when other medications have been ineffective or cannot be tolerated. It is a potent vasodilator, meaning it relaxes and widens blood vessels, reducing blood pressure.
- Hair Growth Stimulation: While Loniten is primarily used orally for blood pressure control, it can also promote hair growth as a side effect. In certain cases of severe or resistant hair loss, topical or oral minoxidil may be prescribed to stimulate hair growth and improve hair density.
- Dilation of Blood Vessels: The vasodilatory effects of Loniten can improve blood circulation, leading to increased blood flow to various organs and tissues, including the scalp. This enhanced blood flow may improve nutrient and oxygen delivery to the hair follicles, supporting hair growth.
- Prolongation of Hair Growth Cycle: Loniten may help prolong the hair growth cycle’s anagen (growth) phase. By extending this phase, the medication allows for longer periods of hair growth, leading to thicker and healthier hair strands.
- Alternative Treatment Option: Loniten can be considered an alternative treatment option for individuals with high blood pressure who have not responded well to other medications or cannot tolerate them. It provides an additional choice for managing blood pressure and may be beneficial in specific cases.
The use of Loniten should be guided by a healthcare professional, who will evaluate the potential benefits and risks based on an individual’s specific medical condition.
Generic and Brand Names of Loniten
The generic name of the medication commonly known as Loniten is Minoxidil. Minoxidil is available under various brand names, and Loniten is one of them.
Here are some of the other brand names under which minoxidil is marketed:
It’s important to note that brand names may vary depending on the country and manufacturer. It’s always recommended to check the packaging or consult a healthcare professional or pharmacist to confirm the specific brand names available in your region.
Minoxidil Brand Names in Different Countries
Loniten (Minoxidil) is marketed under various brand names in different countries. Here are some examples of brand names for Loniten in different regions:
Loniten, Rogaine, Minixynom
Loniten, Regaine, Mintop
Loniten, Regaine, Alopexy
Please note that this table includes some commonly known brand names, but additional brand names and formulations may be available in specific regions or countries.